Rachael and Adam: A Fairy Tale Come to Life

Fairy tale weddings are pretty common fare at the local library...stories of royal nuptials, rags-to riches unions, and reunited loves routinely cross the check out desk.

Arguably less common is witnessing a live wedding event taking place in the public library itself--complete with a trumpet-hearalded white carpet entrance and a uniformed groom.  This wasn't a typical wedding (board games were  part of the reception) and this won't be a typical wedding photography blog post. 

The bride--my niece--had friends taking photos throughout the day. My job was to do a romantic session. But I also couldn't resist scooping up these sweet paper flowers that were worn as boutonnières, worked into the bouquets, worn in hair, and featured on the pews for a private detail shoot. The bride and her family crafted the flowers from copied book pages—not just ANY books, but favorites that had significance to the bridal party. And don’t miss that library check out card— it was the RSVP from the invitation! 



The weather forecast was not cooperating with the day's magical plot--but every good story needs an antagonist, right?

On the way to the library I nervously checked the radar and saw a huge mass of rain heading straight toward our location. Putting the radar in motion, I noticed there was what looked like a 10 minute rain-free window *around* the time of our session. I crossed my fingers.

It was raining when we arrived--quite a bit. Then, it happened: the sky held back for ten glorious minutes and we did this:










 It was drizzling for about half of these shots--and then it became more than a drizzle. A kindly priest appeared with an umbrella (because, that's what happens in a fairy tale plot line). I love these rain shots and I am actually glad the skies reopened--although I am definitely investing in a couple of these styling umbrellas for future, non-fairly tale situations where priests do not emerge from the woods with rain gear.




The worsening conditions sent us inside the library to finish our session.

Meanwhile, friends and family were enjoying mimosas and the wonderful brunch spread. Yes, BRUNCH, does it get any better?

Why, yes, it does, when the cake is made of waffles, mounds of maple cream and fresh strawberries



Because, as I may have mentioned, we were at a library, My sister made centerpieces for the tables that were inspired by Rachael and Adam's favorite books. She incorporated some family memorabilia items--that bugle? I bought it for my son when he was four.
  .

 Thank you, Rachael and Adam for letting me capture such special moments! 



Like what you see? I am offering $200 off all wedding packages booked in August--includes free, no obligation engagement session. Email me at ballastphotography@outlook.com and let's chat!

Comments

  1. Delightfully written, Cindy. What a talent you have, a totally unbiased opinion, I might add! The pictures, and subjects are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts